It's so nice to meet you.
I spent years fighting my body and depression, trying to become the “perfect” woman I thought I needed to be in order to be liked and to succeed in life. Society had taught me to believe that I was never good enough. That I needed to lose weight. To hustle hard and make X amount of money. To not cry or show emotions (hellooo to the toxic phrase “you’re too sensitive”). To be sexier but also not that sexy. To sacrifice my own self-care in order to make others happy.
I hit rock-bottom a few years ago when I realized how much I disliked myself and how miserable I was in my life. I put myself into debt buying material things that I felt like would fix me but it felt like there was a constant grey sheen over my life. I knew this was not how I wanted to live my life. I wanted MORE. I wanted a life that felt vibrant, colorful, FUN, nourishing, and satisfying.
At the same time, I was working with women in a clinical setting as a pelvic floor physical therapist, helping women heal their bodies from pelvic pain and dysfunction. Most women would come in only when there were major issues impacting their lives, like severe pelvic pain or constantly peeing their pants. However, I noticed that I had pelvic floor dysfunction as well, just not as glaringly obvious as my patients. My back was always a little tight, sex wasn’t super comfortable, and forget orgasms! I began to treat myself, knowing that there were simple solutions and that I did not have to wait for things to get bad to heal. As my patients and I healed our physical symptoms, I noticed a beautiful transformation occurring in our ability to connect with our authentic Self, creating confidence and compassion for who we are.
I knew that I needed to harness that physical connection to our minds and combine it with the mindset work and breath work that I had learned overcoming my depression in order to allow me to be fully connected with who I am at my core and, from that rooted and empowered place, create a life for myself that felt so fun and nourishing and really satisfying.
I was, and continue to be, my very first client, but I’m honored these days to get to share my experience and knowledge with women all over the world. There is something so magical about guiding women back home to themselves, outside of society’s expectations, and seeing them in turn uplift and empower other women in their lives. By each of us embracing our own confident radiant turned-on pleasure-filled lives, and truly being ALIVE in our lives, we uplift those around us, raising the vibration of our world.
The Fancy Details
* I am a doctor of physical therapy with in-depth knowledge of the human body and helping the body heal from pelvic pain issues (both those occurring after pregnancy or not), difficulty with orgasm, pregnancy pains, cesarean sections, labor/delivery, and the general wear and tear we put our bodies through with our day-to-day life.
* I am an RYT-200 certified yoga teacher, who began to reconnect to her body via yoga and loves using yoga and mindfulness practices now to help other women.
* I am certified in prenatal yoga and knowledgable on using yoga to help women feel better in their bodies; whether they are working through fertility issues, pregnancy pains, and/or the aches and pains that accompany post-pregnancy life.
* I am a certified women’s health and nutrition coach through the Integrative Women's Health Institute maximizing my ability to help women identify the true reasons behind their blocks and create a plan that fits their lifestyle and goals.
*I am Reiki Level 2 certified to help me channel my energy in order to guide the women I work with deep into the shadow work and bring ease to the healing process.
* I am passionate about empowering women to achieve a life that feels vibrant, nourishing, and satisfying because I've been where you are now. Years of working through my own body and self-esteem issues along with disconnect from my pelvic floor resulting in pelvic pain has given me personal experience in understanding the journey you are on.